Protect one trip with emergency medical coverage that includes COVID-19 expenses
You’re planning to travel outside of Canada and want coverage for emergency medical expenses, including COVID-19 related emergencies and trip interruption coverage.
The CoverMe® COVID-19 Pandemic Travel plan covers your COVID-19 related and non-related emergency medical costs with trip interruption coverage.
COVID-19 protection for worldwide travel
- Up to $1 million for COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses (up to $5 million if received full course of immunization for COVID-19)
- Up to $5 million for non COVID-19 related emergency medical benefits
- Covers a wide range of expenses for health services, transportation and more
- Includes interruption coverage in the event you need to be quarantined during your trip
Apply at any age*
- Canadian resident
- Covered by a Canadian provincial or territorial health insurance plan
- No medical questions (under age 60)
- Click "View More" to see what conditions make you ineligible for coverage.
* Dependent children must be at least 30 days old.
Ways to save
- Family coverage – save when two or three generations (under age 60, up to 2 adults) travel together
Cover many emergency medical costs
- Hospital and physician services
- Emergency medical return home
- Charges incurred by you for an interruption claim in the event that you are quarantined during your trip
- Any pre-existing medical conditions if not stable for three months (rate category A) or six months (rate category B and C) before the effective date of your insurance
- Your heart condition if any heart condition was not stable or required any form of nitroglycerine for the relief of angina pain during the stability period for your rate category
- Your lung condition if any lung condition was not stable or required treatment with oxygen or Prednisone during the stability period for your rate category
Carry your policy everywhere you travel
Keep your policy and wallet card safe, and take them with you everywhere you go on your trip. Your wallet card has contact information for our Assistance Centre, available 24/7, if you need to access your benefits while you're away. In addition, get the TravelAid mobile app, which can provide directions to the nearest medical facility and local emergency telephone numbers.
You must contact the Assistance Centre before you receive any treatment while on your trip. If you don't, you will have to pay 20% of the medical expenses that would normally be covered under this policy, and some benefits may be limited or not covered.
These plans may also work well for you
Single-Trip All-Inclusive Plan
Get the same emergency medical benefits plus:
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption
- Baggage loss, damage or delay
- Flight accident and travel accident insurance
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Plan
- Add protection in case you have to cancel or interrupt your trip for medical or other reasons.
Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Plan
Get only emergency medical benefits, without trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel accident insurance.
Top 2 questions about COVID-19 travel insurance
COVID-19 travel insurance provides coverage in the event you experience unexpected costs in relation to the Coronavirus.
The COVID-19 Pandemic Travel Insurance plan covers COVID-19 related emergency medical expenses, non COVID-19 related emergency medical benefits, and trip interruption coverage in the event you need to self-isolate or quarantine during your trip.
Travel insurance for pre‐existing medical conditions
Defining pre‐existing conditions and how travel is still possible. Explore now
What is trip cancellation and interruption insurance?
We explain the difference between them and why you should consider it. Read more