CoverMe® Easy Issue Life Insurance: get quick, hassle-free life insurance coverage
You may need an essential level of life insurance to protect your family, but you don't want it to be a hassle. Quick and reasonably priced, CoverMe® Easy Issue Life is term life insurance made simple.
Choose from two benefit amounts and answer two medical questions. That's all there is to it.
It's easy to budget for protection, because your premiums will stay the same for the next 10 years. You can save substantially on your premiums if you don’t smoke.
- Canadian residents
- Age 18 to 70
What it pays
- $50,000 to $75,000
- Up to 50% of coverage as a one-time cash advance if you are terminally ill with 12 months or less to live (available after you've held your policy for two years)
- No restrictions on how you spend the money
- Two medical questions
- No medical exam
- You're protected as soon as we approve your application and receive your first premium
- Each term lasts 10 years
- Renew to age 85 with no medical questions
- Your benefit amount stays the same even as you get older
- Your policy cannot be cancelled unless you stop paying the premiums
Save when you apply before your next birthday
- Life insurance premiums are based on your sex, smoking status and age. By applying now, before your next birthday, you can lock in a lower premium for the next 10 years.
Try it out with no obligation
- All our plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied, simply return your policy to Manulife within 30 days of the issue date. We will cancel your coverage, no questions asked, and refund all of your premiums.
CoverMe® Easy Issue Life Insurance Important Notice
This is not a contract. Actual terms and conditions are detailed in the CoverMe® Easy Issue Life Insurance policy Manulife issues after approving your application. It contains important details concerning exclusions, conditions and limitations. Please review it carefully when you receive it.
Limitations and exclusions
Benefits will not be paid if death results from suicide within two years of the effective date of the policy. In this case, we return all premiums paid without any interest adjustment.
These plans may also work well for you
CoverMe® Term Life Insurance
Get a solid foundation of term life insurance at an affordable price. Pay only for the coverage you need and, if eligible, convert to permanent life insurance later.
CoverMe® Guaranteed Issue Life Insurance
Get life insurance with any medical history. Your acceptance is guaranteed with no medical questions and no medical exam.
Life insurance calculator
Find out how much life insurance you need.
Top 5 questions about life insurance
Term life insurance provides coverage for a specific period of time and then could renew. Permanent life insurance provides coverage for life.
A death benefit is the amount paid to your beneficiary if you die while your life insurance plan is in effect. A living benefit is the amount paid to you when you meet certain conditions. For example, you can receive part of your CoverMe Life Insurance death benefit while you are alive if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live.
There are two main ways to help your family pay off your mortgage if you pass away: mortgage life insurance and term life insurance.
Mortgage life insurance typically pays the death benefit to the lender. The coverage amount declines as your mortgage balance decreases, but your premiums stay the same. If you switch mortgage providers, you generally have to reapply for mortgage life insurance.
Term life insurance pays the death benefit to your beneficiary, not the lender, and your beneficiary can decide how to spend the money. The coverage amount and your premiums stay the same during your plan's term. You own your coverage so you can keep it if you switch mortgage providers.
Term life insurance premiums stay the same during your plan's term. They increase when your plan renews at the end of a term.
You can generally keep renewing term life insurance without medical questions until you reach the maximum age set for your plan.
Is my employer benefit plan life insurance enough?
4 life insurance "what‐if" scenarios to consider. Find out more
Mortgage protection insurance or life insurance?
A comparison of mortgage life insurance vs. term life insurance. Learn More