Youth Deluxe Travel Insurance Plan
If you're 29 and under and are planning a vacation or school trip that will last for 30 days or less, consider our Youth Deluxe Travel Insurance Plan. It provides comprehensive coverage that includes emergency medical, trip cancellation and interruption, baggage and travel accident insurance.
With our Youth Deluxe Travel Insurance Plan, you get the same benefits as our regular Youth All-Inclusive Plan, but with the added protection of higher covered amounts and more robust coverage.
- Comprehensive travel insurance for people 29 and under for trips less than 30 days long
- Up to $5 million in emergency medical benefits
- Trip cancellation and trip interruption insurance
- Up to $1,000 for baggage loss or damage and up to $400 for baggage delay
- Up to $100,000 for flight accident and up to $50,000 for travel accident insurance
- Are at least 30 days of age and 29 and under
- A Canadian resident
- Travelling for 30 days or less
- Covered by a Canadian provincial or territorial health insurance plan.
- Purchase coverage for the full trip duration and for the full value of the pre-paid, non-refundable portion of your trip up to $10,000
- Click “View more” to see what makes you ineligible for coverage.
- Hospital and physician services
- Emergency medical return home
- Extra meal, hotel, childcare and phone call costs
- Trip cancellation, up to the covered amount selected to a maximum of $10,000
- Economy airfare coverage for trip interruption
- Up to $1,000 travel baggage insurance for loss, damage, or $400 for baggage delay
- Up to $100,000 for flight accident insurance
- Up to $50,000 for travel accident insurance
- We will not pay any expenses relating to any pre-existing condition that was not stable in the 3 months before your effective date
- An emergency resulting from an accident that happens when you participate in certain activities (see the policy for details)
- Any medical condition when – before your purchase date – you do not meet all the eligibility requirements
Cancel for any reason (CFAR) rider
- Our cancel for any reason rider allows you to request reimbursement for up to 50% of the pre-paid portion of your trip that is non-refundable. It is an add-on for events not covered under your current policy.
- The CFAR rider must be purchased within 7 days of booking your trip and you can cancel for any reason up to 10 days or more before your departure date.
Government health travel advisory rider
- Our government health travel advisory rider gives you emergency medical insurance when the Government of Canada issues an “Avoid non-essential travel” advisory before your departure date to the country or region you are visiting because of a specific virus or disease.
Carry your policy everywhere you travel
Keep your policy and wallet card safe, and take them with you everywhere you go on your trip. Your wallet card has contact information for our Assistance Centre, available 24/7, if you need to access your benefits while you're away. In addition, get the TravelAid mobile app, which can provide directions to the nearest medical facility and local emergency telephone numbers.
You must contact the Assistance Centre before you receive any treatment while on your trip. If you don't, you will have to pay 25% of the medical expenses that would normally be covered under this policy, and some benefits may be limited or not covered.
These plans may also work well for you
Single-Trip All-Inclusive Plan
Get increased medical coverage up to $10 million and more robust all-inclusive coverage.
Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption Plan
Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plan
Get increased medical and all-inclusive coverage for an unlimited number of trips during the year.
Top 5 questions about travel insurance
When you travel outside your home province or territory, even if you're still in Canada, there are limits on how much your government health insurance plan will pay. Costs that may not be covered include air and ground ambulance, emergency dental treatment and prescription drug expenses. Travel insurance can help with these costs, so it makes sense to have it whether you're visiting another part of Canada or another part of the world.
We can top up travel insurance offered by another insurer, adding extra days to your current coverage. You are responsible for ensuring that your current coverage is in force and allows top-ups. Your top-up coverage is subject to CoverMe® Travel Insurance's terms and conditions.
For single-trip plans, you can add extra days of coverage while you're travelling provided that there has been:
- No event that has resulted or may result in a claim against the policy, and
- No change in your health status
You must call 1-800-268-3763 before your coverage expires and pay the appropriate premium.
For multi-trip plans, it's best to add extra days of coverage before you leave home. Simply get a top-up up to the maximum allowed by your government health insurance plan. If you need to add extra days of coverage while you're travelling, call 1-800-268-3763 and we will do our best to help you.
Manulife CoverMe’s All-Inclusive Plan (Single-Trip or Multi-Trip), Non-Medical Inclusive Plan, Youth All-Inclusive Plan, and Youth Deluxe Plan contains Baggage Loss, Damage & Delay insurance. There are benefits available in the event of baggage theft or lost/stolen travel documentation (passport, driver’s license, visa). It is important in these instances to be prudent and report any losses to the authorities so full documentation of the situation is recorded. Conditions, limitations, exclusions apply, please see the policy for full details.
Any plan containing Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance contains benefits for misconnection and travel disruptions resulting from common carrier schedule changes.