Single-Trip All-Inclusive Travel Insurance Plan
Your ticket's booked and you're ready to go – as soon as you have travel insurance. Whether you're exploring another part of Canada or heading abroad, CoverMe® Single-Trip All-Inclusive Plan keeps you protected with up to $10 million in emergency medical protection and much more.
Protect yourself in case you need to cancel or interrupt your trip because of a medical emergency, missed connection or jury duty. Claim expenses for clothing and toiletries if your luggage is delayed or lost. And get coverage for a flight or travel accident that results in death or dismemberment.
- Up to $10 million in emergency medical benefits
- Up to the covered amount selected for trip cancellation and unlimited coverage for trip interruption
- Up to $1,500 for baggage loss or damage, or up to $500 for baggage delay
- Up to $100,000 for flight accident and up to $50,000 for travel accident insurance
- Canadian resident
- Covered by a Canadian provincial or territorial health insurance plan
- Save 5% for travel companion
- Click "View More" to see what conditions make you ineligible for coverage.
- Hospital and physician services
- Emergency medical return home
- Extra meal, hotel, child care and phone call costs
- Exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions vary by age and rate category. Click "View More" for more details
- Up to the covered amount selected for trip cancellation
- Unlimited coverage for trip interruption
Baggage loss, damage and delay*
Flight and travel accident*
Cancel for any reason (CFAR) rider
- Our cancel for any reason rider allows you to request reimbursement for up to 50% of the pre-paid portion of your trip that is non-refundable. It is an add-on for events not covered under your current policy.
- The CFAR rider must be purchased within 7 days of booking your trip and you can cancel for any reason up to 10 days or more before your departure date
Government health travel advisory rider
- Our government health travel advisory rider gives you emergency medical insurance when the Government of Canada issues an “Avoid non-essential travel” advisory before your departure date to the country or region you are visiting because of a specific virus or disease.
Carry your policy everywhere you travel
Keep your policy and wallet card safe, and take them with you everywhere you go on your trip. Your wallet card has contact information for our Assistance Centre, available 24/7, if you need to access your benefits while you're away. In addition, get the TravelAid mobile app, which can provide directions to the nearest medical facility and local emergency telephone numbers.
You must contact the Assistance Centre before you receive any treatment while on your trip. If you don't, you will have to pay 25% of the medical expenses that would normally be covered under this policy, and some benefits may be limited or not covered.
These plans may also work well for you
Multi-Trip All-Inclusive Plan
Get the same emergency medical and other benefits for an unlimited number of trips during the year.
Single-Trip Emergency Medical Plan
Get only emergency medical benefits, without trip cancellation, baggage insurance and travel and flight accident insurance.
Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Plan
Get only emergency medical benefits, without trip cancellation, interruption, baggage and travel accident insurance.
Top 5 questions about travel insurance
When you travel outside your home province or territory, even if you're still in Canada, there are limits on how much your government health insurance plan will pay. Costs that may not be covered include air and ground ambulance, emergency dental treatment and prescription drug expenses. Travel insurance can help with these costs, so it makes sense to have it whether you're visiting another part of Canada or another part of the world.
We can top up travel insurance offered by another insurer, adding extra days to your current coverage. You are responsible for ensuring that your current coverage is in force and allows top-ups. Your top-up coverage is subject to CoverMe® Travel Insurance's terms and conditions.
For single-trip plans, you can add extra days of coverage while you're travelling provided that there has been:
- No event that has resulted or may result in a claim against the policy, and
- No change in your health status
You must call 1-800-268-3763 before your coverage expires and pay the appropriate premium.
For multi-trip plans, it's best to add extra days of coverage before you leave home. Simply get a top-up up to the maximum allowed by your government health insurance plan. If you need to add extra days of coverage while you're travelling, call 1-800-268-3763 and we will do our best to help you.
Manulife CoverMe’s All-Inclusive Plan (Single-Trip or Multi-Trip), Non-Medical Inclusive Plan, Youth All-Inclusive Plan, and Youth Deluxe Plan contains Baggage Loss, Damage & Delay insurance. There are benefits available in the event of baggage theft or lost/stolen travel documentation (passport, driver’s license, visa). It is important in these instances to be prudent and report any losses to the authorities so full documentation of the situation is recorded. Conditions, limitations, exclusions apply, please see the policy for full details.
Any plan containing Trip Cancellation and Interruption insurance contains benefits for misconnection and travel disruptions resulting from common carrier schedule changes.
Travel insurance for pre‐existing medical conditions
Defining pre‐existing conditions and how travel is still possible. Explore now
What is trip cancellation and interruption insurance?
We explain the difference between them and why you should consider it. Read more