Always carry your CoverMe Travel Policy (which includes your Wallet Card) with you
- Your Wallet Card is found in the policy you can print upon purchase of your insurance.
- It includes telephone numbers to call in case of an emergency or if an extension is required.
- Keep the Wallet Card and CoverMe Travel insurance policy with you at all times when travelling.
- Contact the Assistance Centre before receiving treatment while on your trip. If you do not call the Assistance Centre before receiving medical treatment, you will have to pay 20% of the medical expenses Manulife would normally pay under this policy. CoverMe Travel insurance has a 20% coinsurance provision that may limit the benefits if a call is not received. In addition, specific covered eligible benefits may be limited or not covered if the Assistance Centre has not been contacted.
- Immediate access to the Assistance Centre is also available through its TravelAid mobile app. To download the app, visit: http://Active-care.ca/TravelAid.
- The TravelAid mobile app can also provide you with directions to the nearest medical facility, local emergency telephone numbers (such as 911 in North America), and pre- and post-departure travel tips.
- Remember to read the policy, paying particular attention to "pre-existing condition," and other exclusions that apply to your coverage.
- If payment is not received prior to the effective date, coverage begins on the day following Manulife's receipt of the completed confirmation form and payment. In the event we are unable to process payment, coverage will not be in effect.