Always carry your CoverMe Travel Policy (which includes your Wallet Card) with you
- Your Wallet Card is found in the policy you can print upon purchase of your insurance.
- It includes telephone numbers to call in case of an emergency or an extension of coverage is required.
- Keep the Wallet Card and CoverMe Travel insurance policy with you at all times when travelling.
- Contact the Assistance Centre before receiving treatment while on your trip. If you do not call the Assistance Centre before receiving medical treatment, you will have to pay 20% of the medical expenses Manulife would normally pay under this policy. CoverMe Travel insurance has a 20% coinsurance provision that may limit the benefits if a call is not received. In addition, specific covered eligible benefits may be limited or not covered if the Assistance Centre has not been contacted.
- Remember to read the policy, paying particular attention to "pre-existing condition" and other exclusions that apply to your coverage.
- If payment is not received prior to the effective date, coverage begins on the day following Manulife's receipt of the completed confirmation form and payment. In the event we are unable to process payment, coverage will not be in effect.
- For more information outlining all the policy details, you can download the policy.